What Do I Wear? (For professionals and executives):
- Clothing that match your style and personality.
- Classic styles
- Simple clothing
- Clothes should be clean and neatly pressed. This goes double for collared shirts and suits.
- Clothing that makes you feel comfortable and confident
- Muted colors that don't distract from your face
- Darker colors that bring attention to your face
- Solid colors
- Long sleeves that cover your arms
- Layers that give texture instead of one solid shirt
- Green, blue, and teal clothes accentuate blue, green and hazel eyes
- Only wear all black or all white if it's layered underneath something
- Less is more: avoid accessories
- Well-tailored clothing that fits well and doesn't bunch or stretch
- Be rested the day before your shoot
- Patent leather or shiny fabrics
- Large pieces of jewelry
- Bright colors like neon yellow or hot pink
- Busy patterns that distract attention from your face
- Logos, writing, brands
- Sweaters with large knit patterns
- Ruffles, bows, ribbons, sequins, gemstones
- Short sleeves, tank tops, spaghetti straps
- Low cut shirts - don't show any cleavage
- Bulky, loose-fitting clothing
- Clothing that looks too tight
- Don’t cut or dye your hair right before the shoot. Freshly colored hair can look too vibrant and unnatural on camera- drawing more attention to your hair than your face.
- Men: If you have a beard, trim it evenly so it’s nicely groomed. If you’re going clean shaven, get a good shave that morning.
Hair and makeup is not included in the session fee. Most of the time men can get by without using professional hair and makeup, but we recommend a powder or foundation to help even out skin tones and to keep the face from looking shiny. You can pick up a powder in your color at any department store, we recommend the MAC counter or a beauty supply store where you can get professional help picking the right color.
- For women we always recommend professional makeup. A professional makeup artist knows how to make you look your best for the camera. You can bring your own makeup artist to the shoot, or we can provide you with a list of local HMUA's that we work with all the time and love! Our studio is open for you to have your hair and makeup done before your session, just make sure to let us know when you schedule your appointment.
Tel: 214-919-9614 email@example.com
copyright © 2018 DFW Headshots - A division of Romy Modlin Photography, LLC All Rights Reserved